Do you want to have a say about how Manchester can support people? Are you motivated to help address social isolation?
We invite you to join us on Monday 24th October to discuss what social isolation is and how Manchester can better support people who are lonely. This is an opportunity to bring together different community members to have a conversation about what social isolation and loneliness looks like in Manchester and what can be done to tackle it.
CityVerve is Manchester’s Smart City and IoT demonstrator. One of the project aims is to understand how people in Manchester can use technology to tackle social isolation and consequently create a sense of community wellness.
At the event we’ll be looking to answer questions such as:
- What can be done to help support an aging population?
- How can technology be used to build communities?
- What technology solutions do people want to see?
Who is this event for?
- People who are interested in tackling social isolation
- People who have first hand experience of social isolation and loneliness
- Community groups who are interested in being involved in CityVerve
Reserve your place on Eventbrite. Spaces are limited so please let us know if you’re unable to attend.
Please note that tea and coffee will be provided.