How might emerging technology help us discover Manchester?
Join us on Thursday 14th December, during a lunchtime walking tour to discover the Manchester Christmas Markets via Mobile Augmented Reality (If you want to know what this is – click here).
In this walking tour you’ll:
- Enjoy a walking tour of Manchester’s Christmas Markets
- Transform your experience of the markets via augmented reality
- Get insider knowledge of the running of the Christmas Markets
- Taste the snacks and drinks of the Christmas Markets
- Learn about CityVerve, Manchester’s exciting Smart City initiative
You’ll discover the Christmas Markets and Manchester using Buzzin.
It’s an augmented reality app that’s set to change the way we discover Manchester. Our team will introduce you to the world of the Internet of Things (IoT) and explore the possibilities for Manchester with emerging tech designed just for its citizens.
You’ll also get a chance to share your voice on how emerging technology will be shaped as part of CityVerve, a project which aims to set an example for the way technology is used in the city we live, work and play in.
You don’t need expert technical expertise to participate.
But we do ask that you bring your smartphone device and download the Buzzin app in preparation for our tour. We want to have a range of different people on the tour, from those who are confident with tech, to those that would like to incorporate it into their day-to-day lives.