*This event is now full. However, if you would like to participate, please sign up as normal and we will notify you if places become available.*
Lean Startup Weekend – £25,000 in prizes available
21 – 22nd February 2015
FutureEverything and the Greater Manchester Data Synchronisation Programme (GMDSP) are hosting a Lean Startup weekend for entrepreneurs, technologists, creative professionals and social innovators. Participants will be given the opportunity to work with highly skilled specialists to help bring their business ideas to life.
£25,000 worth of prizes are available for the best concepts developed during the weekend. These are designed to help accelerate digital startups and assist product development in established businesses.
Are you interested in creating new digital business ideas around the following themes? Want to turn them into real products and services?
- Digital Services
- Sustainable Economic Development and Circular Economy
- Public Services inc. Libraries and Emergency Response
- Smart Neighbourhoods
- Mobility and Transport
- Planning and Infrastructure
These themes have been identified in consultation with Greater Manchester’s Local Authorities, members of the public, and the innovation community. Datasets have been made available by GMDSP – a collaborative project developed by FutureEverything, Digital Catapult, Future Cities Catapult, and Greater Manchester’s Local Authorities.
- £5,000 development fund for a winning team
- 6 months of desk space, worth £3000 at SpaceportX, one of Manchester’s leading startup workspaces and tech entrepreneur communities
- 6 months of cloud hosting, worth £5000, with next-generation data centre and open-source cloud computing service provider DataCentred
- Access to the expertise and resources of the Future Cities Catapult’s Cities Lab, to help take city focussed concepts to the next level
- Become part of the Digital Catapult Contributor Programme – including access to meeting rooms, hot desks, and informal drop in spaces
- UX and Service Design expertise to enhance and optimise your product or service after the event
- A dedicated development team working on your project during FutureEverything – including experts in UX, design and coding
- Exhibiting space at the FutureEverything Conference, 26-27th February.
We welcome applications from existing and new teams, as well as individuals. Places are free, but strictly limited. Catering will be provided. Sign up now by filling in the following form: