FutureEverything is looking for a filmmaker, or filmmakers, to produce a film documenting Smoke Signals – an artwork commissioned by FutureEverything as part of the ArtsAPI project.
The successful applicant will have extensive experience in producing beautiful films which capture and document artworks. Applicants with experience in producing films for high profile and respected art and design projects, as well as artists are strongly encouraged.
The Artwork: Smoke Signals
ArtsAPI have commissioned an artwork which will explore the themes of networks, relationships, intermediaries and their impact, in the context of arts organisations. The artwork will be exhibited at FutureEverything 2016 and it will also be filmed. The film will be hosted online.
We are looking for an experienced filmmaker who can produce a highly polished and engaging film of the artwork, Smoke Signals. The filmmaker will work closely with the artists to ensure they create a film which documents their artwork in a way the artists envisioned.
- A highly polished 2 – 3 minute film of Smoke Signals. Filming will take place over 1 day with a phone meeting held in advance to confirm requirements
- A second, 3 minute documentary edit featuring interviews with the artists, intercut with polished footage of the final artwork as well as behind the scenes/’making of’ footage
- 21st April: Brief advertised
- 5th May: Deadline for all applications
- 7th May: Successful filmmaker chosen
- 10th May: Phone meeting with artists and project manager to discuss the requirements further
The filming will take place in Newcastle in May (likely to be either the 15th or 20th May 2015) please let us know of any dates you are unable to do. The film will need to launch before 8th June.
£875 + VAT.
The budget needs to include all costs associated with this opportunity including travel and accommodation and all equipment and time.
Please send a short written statement (no longer than 500 words) on how you would approach the brief, along with a relevant portfolio/showreel, to email@example.com.