ArtsAPI is a major collaborative R&D project led by FutureEverything, the University of Dundee and Swirrl. The project will develop a new web application for arts organisations designed to show the value and impact generated through their networks.
We are using data that organisations generate as part of their normal operations to investigate these networks. We want to open up this data to uncover patterns and insights, that help the arts sector to create new and refined business models and propositions.
We require a data privacy expert with knowledge with regard to compliance with data laws, collaborative data governance and negotiation and information rights in respect of, but not limited to, the following:
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- The CAP code (and the many regulations surrounding the advertising & marketing of your organisation)
- Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Knowledge of compliance with international data laws and information laws would be beneficial
- Previous experience of working within the arts and cultural sector would be an advantage but is not essential
Please send your CV plus a short statement (800 words max) detailing your previous experience based on the deliverables detailed in this specification to Joeli Brearley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total Fee: £2000 (inc VAT)
It is anticipated that this will be up to 5 days work in total.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday 16th September at 3pm.
We will make our decision based on role suitability. We will notify you as to whether you have been successful on Wednesday 17th September.