FutureEverything is seeking to appoint a talented and dedicated Volunteer Coordinator to develop and deliver a successful volunteer programme for the 20th anniversary FutureEverything Festival, 26-28 February 2015.
The ideal candidate will have a keen knowledge of, and interest in, digital culture, innovation, art and technology. He/she will have experience of people management within the events, arts or non profit sectors, and experience of working with volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator include but are not limited to:
Recruitment and selection
- Organise and implement a campaign for volunteer recruitment and selection
- Liaise weekly with the production team to plan festival staffing requirements
- Develop volunteer position descriptions for each required role
- Conduct volunteer interviews
- Conduct planning for volunteer retention and replacement
- Develop an orientation process, including a volunteer handbook and presentations
- Produce, manage and deliver orientation presentations for volunteers
- Create and manage volunteer staffing rotas for all events
- Develop and manage policies, procedures and standards for volunteers
- Maintain a volunteer database and records
- Delegate projects and tasks to volunteers
- Manage any associated budgets and expenditure
- Resolve conflict and /or the grievance process in assistance with senior staff
- Develop ways to recognise and reward volunteer efforts
- Manage volunteer communications, such as newsletters and social media
- Work with the production team to identify risks and understand their impact
- Develop policies and procedures that will eliminate or reduce those risks
- Implement, promote and evaluate these policies and procedures
- Liaise regularly with the festival production team
- Assist the production team with various admin tasks as required
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- To produce a training presentation for festival staff on working with volunteers
- Participate in the post-festival team debrief process
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a short letter of interest (one page maximum) outlining your suitability for the role, and a CV.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com no later than 9am, Monday 5th January 2015. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 7th January 2015.