It extends to evaluating how these factors affect the business — including all of its stakeholders — and what risks and opportunities these factors present. Finally, the sustainability agenda asks our artists and partners to adopt measures to mitigate risks and take advantage of opportunities.
This list is a rolling document and room will be made to develop areas we have not yet identified. We will:
- Become an active member of GMAST. GMAST aims to reduce the environmental impact of the cultural and creative community in Greater Manchester by working together to tackle the climate crisis.
- We will lead on sustainability in the Northern New Media Network
- We will continue to engage with Julies Bicycle and will share all learning with our artists and audiences
- We will seek and recruit a board member who specialises in sustainability so they can influence the company from a governance level.
- We will develop mechanisms for including sustainability in all artistic processes that we commission, support and facilitate. These ‘mechanisms’ will change and evolve depending on the project and its delivery method.
- We commit to publishing all learning online and to actively contribute to the wider dialogue on sustainability across the arts sector.
- We will work to ensure that the required funding is available to an activity so that any additional costs attached to seeking a sustainable solution does not stand in the way of achieving our aims.
- For all activities, we will use the Carbon Calculators provided by our colleagues at Abandon Normal Devices, Fast Familiar, Arts Catalyst and Julie’s Bicycle.
- We will ensure that this agenda is developed and measured regularly to make our commitment to sustainability measurable and active.
We commit to doing this work, regularly reviewing our progress and holding ourselves accountable for implementing all the above and the future pledges we make. This statement of intent is informed by FutureEverything’s equal opportunities policy which is available upon request.