This open call is now closed.
Led by Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council, Stockport Creative Campus (SCC) is a three-year town centre reinvigoration programme to transform Stockport’s heritage-rich historic centre into a sustainable, world-leading digital arts neighbourhood.
FutureEverything’s role in the SCC project is to deliver a digital creative placemaking programme for the community and arts and culture sector over a three-year period.
FutureEverything is inviting Greater Manchester-based artists/artist collectives, whose practice spans digital art and participatory co-creation, to respond to this brief for the inaugural Artwork #1 project to:
- Co-design and deliver creative engagement workshops for communities across Stockport borough, with a diverse range of ages and backgrounds, to co-create content to feed into the digital artwork.
- Create a digital touring artwork that is robust, weatherproof, mobile and can ‘tour’ to community locations.
- Application Deadline – Monday 20 November 2023 at 17:00
- Interviews – w/c 27 November 2023
- Artist appointed – December 2023
- Workshops delivery – March 2024
- Premiere artwork – August 2024
- Evaluation – September 2024
HOW TO APPLY
For full information about the project and application process, please download the Artist Brief below.
We are inviting interested artists/artist collectives to send us an expression of interest which should cover:
- An initial response to this brief including a description of your current artistic practice, your approach to both phases of the project, potential creative tools/platforms/formats that you would use, and the reasons for your interest in this project (not longer than a double-sided A4)
- Examples of current work or portfolio relevant to the brief including links to screen-based work and participatory projects (ideally in PDF format)
- CV (in PDF format)
- Completed Equal Opportunities Form
Please send expressions of interest to Jonathan McGrath, FutureEverything Producer at email@example.com with the subject line “STOCKPORT ARTWORK #1”
We will invite a small number of artists/artist teams to discuss their expressions of interest further and we are expecting to appoint an artist in early December 2023.